Meet The Team
Professional, and Well-Respected Home Inspector Mark Berardelli
Building Sciences 16:3 is a family and veteran-owned business owned by Mark Berardelli. Mark is a graduate with a degree in Building Construction Technology, and he has been working in the industry of structure and indoor air quality evaluation for over 28 years.
Unlike most inspectors, Mark has experience inspecting and evaluating nearly all types of buildings – including residential, commercial, and industrial – and his expansive expertise allows him to assist property buyers and investors of all types. He is highly regarded as an expert in his industry, being invited as a guest speaker at national conferences, an expert witness in legal cases, and an educator for professionals in continuing education, schools, and his community.
In addition to Mark’s experience with home inspections, Mark served in the US Army 42nd field artillery in Zirndorf Germany and always puts God first in everything that he does.
Environmental and Mold Expert
Mark’s experience with mold and other environmental structural issues is what truly sets him apart from the average home inspector. Throughout his 30-year career, he has supervised mold remediation projects, appeared on TV as a mold expert, and helped home buyers uncover the environmental concerns within a building.
Certifications and Qualifications
- North Carolina State Certification Home Inspector – Active – 2764
- South Carolina State Certification Home Inspector – Active – RBI.48567
- State Certification Septic Inspector – Active – 29461
- State Certification Grade IV Septic Installer – Active – 2946
- IAQA Certified Mold Remediation – Inactive – 03340
- Radon Testing Certification – Inactive – 1417
- Insurance through FREA E&O Account – Active – 34901
- Degree in Building Construction Technology – Dickson City, PA
Vincent began working with Building Sciences in 2014, starting with administrative tasks. On the path to becoming a home inspector, he engaged in field and classroom pre-licensing training. After obtaining his home inspector license, Vincent began working as an independent home inspector, while broadening his expertise with additional training and certification in radon, septic, well, mold, and boat dock inspection.
He added business marketing skills to round out his many contributions to Building Sciences 16:3. Vincent graduated from Word of Life Bible Institute in August 2015 and married his wife, Sarah, shortly thereafter. Since then they have bought and remodeled a home and enjoy worshipping God in church and in all they do, including running, reading, traveling, and brewing coffee.
- North Carolina State Certification Home Inspector – Active – 3675
- Additional Radon, Septic, Well, Mold, and Boat Dock inspection certifications
Gilbert joined the Building Sciences 16:3 team as a home inspector. Gilbert’s inspector wisdom benefits from his life experiences, such as building his first home. He believes that the client most benefits from clear and detailed information about their potential property. Gilbert collaborates with Mark and Vincent, pooling their broad base of knowledge to bring the best to every inspection.
Gilbert served in the U.S. Army and again served as a Police Officer with CMPD, now retired. A man of God, Gilbert and his wife lead a teen Bible study. Gilbert continues to serve his community as Trail-master with Trail Life USA, Troop 7777.
Experience and Environmental Expertise
As a state licensed home inspector for North Carolina and South Carolina with 30 years of experience, 3 home inspection state certifications, and training from ASHI, NACHI and other leading institutions, we are sure that we can provide the most comprehensive inspection service available in the Carolinas. Furthermore, with extensive experience in environmental remediation and mitigation, Building Sciences 16:3 is able to offer a value that far exceeds the standard practice.
The principal of Building Sciences 16:3 has experience in real estate development, commercial/residential inspections, and has personally purchased millions of dollars worth in investment properties, as well as owning and operating a mold and radon mitigation company. He has supervised over 1,000 radon mitigation projects and performed extensive radon testing. He has personally managed quarter-million dollar mold remediation projects and has performed over 10,000 home inspections. With three years of experience as a realtor, he is familiar with the complexities of the purchasing process and is ready to be involved on a personal level with his clients to help navigate them through the process.
- Mold Remediation – Mr. Berardelli has appeared on WNEP TV Channel 16 as a mold remediation expert and has appeared in the Scranton Times and Citizen’s Voice News paper regarding similar environmental issues.
- Radon Detection Expert – Mr. Berardelli has appeared in the primary newspaper of Scranton, PA (front page of The Scranton Times October 23,1995 Radon Detection Expert [circulation 75,000]) and other news stations as an environmental and structural expert.
- Educator/Trainer – He has also performed educational seminars for professionals earning their continuing education credits.
- Expert Witness – He has been called to appear as an expert witness for legal cases. Additionally he has appeared as a guest speaker at national conferences and is a community advocate.
- Mold Task Force – As a member of the Pennsylvania Mold Task Force, serving with Senator Wansac, Mark Berardelli has worked to set regulatory wheels in motion for mold remediation for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Contact us today to start learning more about your home purchase.
Offering a Relationship Discount for returning customers as well as a Multi-Service Discount.
View Your Report
Connect With Us